Post: Business development & Marketing manager
We are looking out for a fire in the belly, quick on the feet, flexible and versatile, marketing maverick willing to grow our inbound and outbound sales channels through various marketing and business development activities. Demonstrable experience in marketing and business development together with the potential and attitude required to learn, unlearn and relearn.
The primary role of the Business Development & Marketing Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company./p>
Develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
Manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. Should possess thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic and potential leads for our programs
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting and performance analysis
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors.
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Analyze consumer behaviour and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly.
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Digital Marketing Skills:
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
- Solid knowledge of various website analytics tools.
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets.
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Monitoring and analysing market trends
- Studying competitors' products and services.
- Exploring ways of improving existing products and services, and increasing profitability.
- Identifying target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them.
- Has knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Should have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects.
- A never say never attitude against the toughest hurdle and a great team player.
- Should have well established contacts with the decision makers across multiple industries.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Marketing with 3-8 years of experience in Marketing and Business development.
- Rs 50,000/-pm Ctc –Salary would not be a constraint for the right candidate